If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected, used or disclosed by us, we have put in place an effective mechanism and procedure for you to contact us so that we can attempt to resolve the issue or complaint. Please see paragraph 10 for further details.
We can be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us on 07 3899 8948 or write to us at PO Box 735, Bulimba QLD 4171 Australia and our privacy officer will then attempt to resolve the issue.
We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
1. What is personal information?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) defines “personal information” to mean information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably identifiable, from the information or opinion.
2. Sensitive Information
1. What is Sensitive Information?
1. Sensitive information is a subset of personal information. It means information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organisation, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual, genetic information, biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification or biometric templates.
2. In general, we attempt to limit the collection of sensitive information we may collect from you, but depending on the uses you make of our products this may not always be possible and we may collect sensitive information from you in order to carry out the services provided to you. However, we do not collect sensitive information from you without your consent.
3. The type of sensitive information we may collect from you or record about you is dependent on the services provided to you by Safety Watch Australia and will be limited to the purpose(s) for which it is collected. We do not use sensitive information to send you Direct Marketing Communications (as defined in paragraph 6 below) without your express consent.
2. Consent to collection of certain types of sensitive information
We may collect certain types of sensitive information where you have consented and agree to the collection of such information.
3. Collection of your personal information
1. We only collect personal information that is necessary for what we do and we hold the personal information we collect within our own data storage devices or with a third party provider of data storage. The type of information we may collect from you includes depends ultimately upon the purpose of collection and we set out the general purposes of collection at paragraph 4 below.
2. The type of information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to) the following:
1. your contact information such as full name (first and last), e-mail address, current postal address, delivery address (if different to postal address) and phone numbers;
2. details of the property address to be enrolled in the service, contact information of the property’s occupants (such as full name, e-mail address, phone numbers), contact information of who manages the property;
3. information concerning or relating to your purchases of goods or services over this website;
4. financial and billing information (such as a credit card number /expiration date / security code, bank account details, billing address, repayment information and invoice details and purchasing history);
5. proof of your identity (including, but not limited to, date of birth, driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate);
6. your opinions, statements and endorsements collected personally or via surveys and questionnaires, including but not limited to your views on the products and services offered by Safety Watch Australia; and
7. your participation in, or response to, our marketing and promotional activities, such as entering into a promotional contest
4. When you engage in certain activities, such as entering a contest or promotion, filling out a survey or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities.
5. Depending upon the reason for requiring the information, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data or any other information we require in order for us to provide our services to you, we may be unable to effectively provide our services to you.
6. If you use our website, we may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit our website. A cookie does not identify you personally but may identify your internet service provider or computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
7. We may gather your IP address as part of our business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues with our services. This information does not identify you personally.
4. How we may use and disclose your personal information
1. We will only use or disclose your personal information for the primary purposes for which it was collected or as consented to and/or as set out below.
2. You consent to us using and disclosing your personal information to facilitate a purpose in connection with:
1. if required, the verification of your identity;
2. the provision of our products and services to you, which shall include but is not limited to:
1. the administration and management of our products and services, including charging, delivery, billing, credit card authorisation and verification, checks for financial standing, credit-worthiness (including but not limited to undertaking an assessment for credit loss and obtaining credit references, if applicable), fraud and collecting debts; and
2. to offer you updates, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you;
3. to facilitate the administration and management of Safety Watch Australia, including but not limited to the use of your personal information collected in accordance with paragraph 3.1 in the administration and management of Safety Watch Australia;
4. the improvement of our services (including to contact you about those improvements and asking you to participate in surveys about our products and services);
5. the maintenance and development of our products and services, business systems and infrastructure;
6. marketing and promotional activities by us and our related bodies (including by direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages) such as our customer loyalty programs and newsletters;
7. to provide customer service functions, including handling customer enquiries and complaints, to offer you updates, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you
8. our compliance with applicable laws;
9. the sale, and matters in connection with a potential sale, of our business or company to a third party; and
10. any other matters reasonably necessary to continue to provide our products and services to you.
3. We may also use or disclose your personal information and in doing so we are not required to seek your additional consent:
1. when it is disclosed or used for a purpose related to the primary purposes of collection detailed above and you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used or disclosed for such a purpose;
2. if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or to lessen or prevent a threat to public health or safety;
3. if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or is being, engaged in; or
4. if it is required or authorised by law.
4. In the event we propose to use or disclose such personal information other than for reasons in 4.1, 4.2,and 4.3 above, we will first seek your consent prior to such disclosure or use.
5. The types of organisations to which we may disclose your personal information
1. We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Safety Watch Australia. Examples of organisations and/or parties that your personal information may be provided to include:
1. offshore service providers, if any;
2. related entities and subsidiaries of Safety Watch Australia;
3. third parties, such as PayPal for processing online payment card transactions for payment of orders;
4. third parties, such as service providers who install, maintain or service Safety Watch Australia purchased via this website, including but not limited to electrician and installers; and
5. our contractors and agents, including but not limited to our suppliers and distributors, or other companies who assist us in providing our products and services to you.
6. Direct Marketing
1. You expressly consent to us using your personal information, including any email address you give to us, to provide you with information and to tell you about our products, services or events or any other direct marketing activity (including third party products, services, and events) (Direct Marketing Communications) which we consider may be of interest to you.
2. Without limitation clause 6.1, if it is within your reasonable expectations that we send you Direct Marketing Communications given the transaction or communication you have had with us, then we may also use your personal information for the purpose of sending you Direct Marketing Communications which we consider may be of interest to you.
3. If at any time you do not wish to receive any further Direct Marketing Communications from us, you may ask us not to send you any further information about products and services and not to disclose your information to other organisations for that purpose. You may do this at any time by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in the email or by contacting us via the details set out at the top of this document.
7. Cross Border Disclosure
1. Any personal information provided to Safety Watch Australia may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia, including but not limited to New Zealand where we may utilise overseas data and website hosting facilities or have entered into contractual arrangements with third party service providers to assist Safety Watch Australia with providing our goods and services to you. Personal information may also be processed by staff or by other third parties operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our suppliers, agents, partners or related companies.
4. If you do not agree to the transfer of your personal information outside Australia, please contact us by via the details set out at the top of this document.
8. Data quality and security
1. We have taken steps to help ensure your personal information is safe. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of all transmissions or personal information, especially where the Internet is involved.
2. Notwithstanding the above, we will take reasonable steps to:-
1. make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
2. protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
3. destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for its purpose of collection.
3. However, the accuracy of personal information depends largely on the information you provide to us, so we recommend that you:
1. let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
2. keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information (such as your name or address).
9. Access to and correction of your personal information
1. You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which we possess, except in some exceptional circumstances provided by law. You are also entitled to edit and correct such information if the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
2. If you would like access to or correct any records of personal information we have about you, you are able to access and update that information (subject to the above) by contacting us via the details set out at the top of this document.
10. Resolving Privacy Complaints
1. We have put in place an effective mechanism and procedure to resolve privacy complaints. We will ensure that all complaints are dealt with in a reasonably appropriate timeframe so that any decision (if any decision is required to be made) is made expeditiously and in a manner that does not compromise the integrity or quality of any such decision.
2. If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected, used or disclosed and stored your personal information, please contact us by:
• Telephone: 07 3899 8948
• Email: email@example.com
• Post: PO Box 735, Bulimba Qld 4171
1. Please mark your correspondence to the attention of the Privacy Officer.
2. In order to resolve a complaint, we:
1. will liaise with you to identify and define the nature and cause of the complaint;
2. may request that you provide the details of the complaint in writing;
3. will keep you informed of the likely time within which we will respond to your complaint;
4. will inform you of the legislative basis (if any) of our decision in resolving such complaint
3. We will keep a record of the complaint and any action taken in a Register of Complaints.
Terms & Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions
1.1 Website Visitor
(a) so far as the context allows, to you as a visitor to the Safety Watch Australia Website; and
(b) if you are a buyer or prospective buyer of our services.
1.2 Purchase of Services
If you are a buyer or prospective buyer of our services, you agree to be bound by:
(b) any terms and conditions which concern the supply of services from Safety Watch Australia, in addition to the Order Terms, which (if applicable) will be provided to you at such time you make an or when Safety Watch Australia supplies the services to you (e.g. on the reverse of your tax invoice or on your warranty documentation) (Safety Watch Australia Terms & Conditions); and
2. Use of Website
2.1 Target Country
Although the Safety Watch Australia Website is accessible worldwide, the services offered for sale on the website are designed and intended for use in Australia only (Target Country). The services offered for sale on the website are not designed for or tested to be used in other countries.
2.2 Use of Website
(a) The Safety Watch Australia Website may contain links to other websites (Linked Sites). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Safety Watch Australia and Safety Watch Australia is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained within a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site.
(c) You may not use the Safety Watch Australia Website in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Safety Watch Australia Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Safety Watch Australia Website. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Safety Watch Australia Website.
(d) All information, advice or other data on the Safety Watch Australia Website is provided as general information only and should not be relied upon.
(e) Without limitation to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, you acknowledge that Safety Watch Australia provides this service and the Safety Watch Australia Website “AS IS” and that Safety Watch Australia is not making and has not made any warranty or representation as to the services suitability for any particular purpose other than the mandatory statutory warranties.
2.3 Security of Website
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst Safety Watch Australia strives to protect such information, Safety Watch Australia does not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information (including personal information) which you transmit or disclose to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us via the Safety Watch Australia Website is transmitted at your own risk.
2.4 Safety Watch Australia Account
If you are issued with a username or password by Safety Watch Australia you agree to take responsibility for the safekeeping of your username or password. You are liable for any actions or purchases resulting from any unauthorised use of your username or password (including any purchases made via the Safety Watch Australia Website). You agree to release and indemnify Safety Watch Australia in relation to any loss or liability arising out of the unauthorised use of your username or password.
3. Order Terms
3.1 Order Agreement
(a) The entire order agreement between you and Safety Watch Australia for the purchase of services by you from the Safety Watch Australia Website is:
(1) the order including the services, and related details of the services, purchased via the Safety Watch Australia Website;
(3) the Safety Watch Australia Terms & Conditions; and
(b) The Order Agreement exists between you and Safety Watch Australia once Safety Watch Australia receives and accepts an order via the Safety Watch Australia Website. No obligation to sell or supply the services will arise until the order is received and accepted by Safety Watch Australia.
(c) Each order may be accepted by Safety Watch Australia in its absolute discretion.
(d) Each order creates a separate Order Agreement with Safety Watch Australia.
(e) By submitting your order:
(1) you agree to purchase the services specified in your order for the price specified in your order on these Order Terms and Safety Watch Australia’ Terms & Conditions; and
(2) you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to all of the terms and conditions in the documents referred to in clause 3.1(a).
(f) The order constitutes an offer by you to purchase the services in accordance the terms and conditions in the documents referred to in clause 3.1(a). You must ensure that the terms of the order are complete and accurate.
(g) The order shall only be deemed to be accepted when Safety Watch Australia issues a written acceptance of the order.
(h) You confirm and warrant that all the details that you have provided in completing your order are true and correct.
(i) Safety Watch Australia reserves the right not to process your order for any reason, including, but not limited to, if it has not received payment for your order.
(j) Once you submit your order it cannot be changed or cancelled unless otherwise agreed by Safety Watch Australia.
3.2 Location and Provision of Services
(a) Safety Watch Australia will supply the services to the location set out in the order or such other location as the parties may agree, at any time after Safety Watch Australia notifies you that the services will be supplied.
(b) Safety Watch Australia reserves the right not to supply the services to you for any reason, including, but not limited to, if it considers that the place you designate for service is outside the Safety Watch Australia service areas. If Safety Watch Australia is unable to supply to you services at the location or place selected by you, then it will contact you to see if alternative arrangements can be made.
(c) Any dates quoted for services are approximate only, and the time of service is not of the essence. Safety Watch Australia will not be liable for any delay in supply of the services whatsoever. If Safety Watch Australia is unable to supply the services within the time frame indicated, we will use our best endeavours to contact you to make other arrangements.
3.3 PayPal Payment Gateway Terms
1. Safety Watch Australia utilises a third party payment gateway for the Safety Watch Australia Website. The Safety Watch Australia Website uses PayPal for online payment card transactions. PayPal processes online payment card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online payment card transactions performed on this site using the PayPal gateway are secured payments.
1. Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
2. Your complete payment card number cannot be viewed by Safety Watch Australia or
3. All transactions are performed under 128 Bit secure socket layer (SSL) technology
4. All transaction data is encrypted for stage with PayPal ‘s bank-grade data centre,
5. PayPal is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
6. PayPal at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your payment card to the merchant account held by Safety Watch Australia.
2. When you enter sensitive information (such as payment card numbers) on the Safety Watch Australia Website, the information is encrypted using SSL technology. When payment card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete payment card details.
3. Safety Watch Australia follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
4. After ordering online, you will receive an email confirmation from PayPal containing your order details (of you have provided your email address). Receipt of your order is normally confirmed within a few minutes of ordering.
3.4 Liability of Safety Watch Australia and Refunds
(a) In Australia, the services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to terminate the contract for supply of services or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
(b) You are entitled to a refund if the services are not fit for a particular purpose commonly supplied and such failure to comply with the guarantee cannot be remedied.
(c) Without limitation to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, you acknowledge that:
(1) Safety Watch Australia has not made any representations or warranties in relation to the services, your order on the Safety Watch Australia Website;
(2) it is your responsibility to satisfy yourself in relation to the price, quality or otherwise of the services prior to the supply of services by Safety Watch Australia;
(3) Safety Watch Australia shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused, directly or indirectly, in relation to the services or any product resulting from the services, your order or the Safety Watch Australia Website.
(d) Safety Watch Australia does not give any warranty nor accept any liability in relation to performance or non-performance of its obligations under these Order Terms and Safety Watch Australia’ Terms & Conditions except to the extent, if any, required by law or specifically provided for in these Order Terms, Safety Watch Australia’ Terms & Conditions or Australian Consumer Law.
(e) To the extent Safety Watch Australia is found liable in connection with the Order Agreement on the Safety Watch Australia Website, its liability shall be limited (at the option of Safety Watch Australia) to any one or more of the following:
(1) Re-supplying services to which the liability relates or the supply of equivalent services; or
(2) Reimbursing you (subject to subclause 3.4(f)) for paying someone else to supply the services which the liability relates.
(f) If Safety Watch Australia is liable in connection with the Order Agreement, then irrespective of anything else in the Order Agreement, Safety Watch Australia’ cumulative liability in the aggregate (to the fullest extent permitted by law) shall in no event exceed the sum of the service fees paid by you to Safety Watch Australia.
(g) All limitations of liability under these Order Terms and Safety Watch Australia’ Terms & Conditions shall apply for the benefit of the employees and agents of Safety Watch Australia to the same extent as they apply for the benefit of Safety Watch Australia against you or anyone claiming through or under you.
(h) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Safety Watch Australia be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Safety Watch Australia Website, with the delay or inability to use the Safety Watch Australia Website or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, goods, service and related graphics obtained through the Safety Watch Australia Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Safety Watch Australia Website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Safety Watch Australia has been advised of the possibility of damages.
There may be laws in the jurisdiction that you install the goods which govern how the goods are to be installed and serviced. Safety Watch Australia is not responsible for such installation nor any loss, liability or damage caused by, or in connection with, the installation of the goods.
You agree to indemnify Safety Watch Australia, keep it indemnified and hold it harmless, against any:
(a) claims against Safety Watch Australia; or
(b) loss (including all direct, indirect, special or consequential loss) suffered by Safety Watch Australia, arising from or in connection with:
(c) the negligent acts or omissions of you or your employees, agents or contractors; or
(e) any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising in any way out of your use of the Safety Watch Australia Website, or the infringement by you, or by any other person using your computer or device, of any intellectual property right of any person.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge and agree that:
(b) Any trade marks or logos which appear on the Safety Watch Australia Website are owned by or licensed to Safety Watch Australia or its related corporations, and that you must not do anything to prejudice the rights of the trade mark owner or licensee to such trade marks or logos.
6.1 Personal Information and Consent
(a) By completing your order and setting up an account via the Safety Watch Australia Website, you will have provided personal information to Safety Watch Australia.
(b) If you have selected that you agree to receive promotional material, you consent to receiving any material that Safety Watch Australia sends to you as a result of submitting your order.
(c) If at any time you do not wish to receive any further material from Safety Watch Australia you may unsubscribe by simply sending an email with the subject line “unsubscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 Linked Sites
Safety Watch Australia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Safety Watch Australia Website and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.
8.1 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If anything in this document is or is determined to be unenforceable, illegal, voidable or void in a jurisdiction then it is severed for that jurisdiction and the rest of this document remains in full force and effect in all other jurisdictions.
8.3 Force Majeure
If Safety Watch Australia is prevented from, or delayed in, performance an obligation by an event of Exceptional Circumstance (defined below) then those obligations of Safety Watch Australia are suspended for the duration of the event of Exceptional Circumstance. You must use all reasonable endeavours to remove or mitigate your any loss arising from, and the effects of, the event of Exceptional Circumstance.
1. adverse changes in government regulations;
2. any disaster or act of God, lightning strikes, atmospheric disturbances, earthquakes, floods, storms, explosions, fires and any natural disaster;
3. acts of war, acts of public enemies, terrorism, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, sabotage and revolution, cyber attacks, viruses or malware, data loss as a result of the actions of a third party;
4. strikes or industrial disputes;
5. materials or labour shortage; and/or
6. acts or omissions of any third party network providers (such as internet, telephony or power provider).
9.1 Your consent
This email and any attachments (“Email”) are intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You must not edit this Email without our express consent. Safety Watch Australia does not warrant that this Email and any attachments are complete, error-free or virus free.
Please note that by opening this email and any attachments, you accept full responsibility for the consequences. If you are not the addressee, you must not disseminate, rely upon or copy this Email, and you must immediately erase permanently and destroy all records of it and notify us by phone (at our cost). Thank you.
Let Safety Watch give you peace of mind today
Switching to SWA is easy. With our dedicated Concierge Service we can come to you and handle the transfer and setup of all your properties. You don't have to lift a fingerFind Out More